Subject: Re: [Serusers] VoIp Billing Solution SIP server compatible!!!
From: Iqbal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:07:36 +0100
List-Id: Support for users of the SIP Express Router <serusers.iptel.org>

Hi

The reason why no one is really discussing much about billing here as
open source is that most have rolled there own.

serweb is a good starting point, but it is not a rating engine, it will
just work out how long the call is.

1. Now when you have this length of call you need to work out how much
its cost you, and how much it cost the end user...

2. For this you need to create a rates table or database

3. What I have is a prefix table which has 1800+ prefixes each one of
these is bound to a gateway, and hence can be routed out differently,
when required

4. I then have a cost table, this is what my buying price is

5. I then have a selling price table

6. For resellers we are building a drill down structure where they have
there buying price and selling price

7. Now you need a rating structure

8. You may have a different price based on time of day and day of week
etc etc

9. So now you have price per prefix, based on time of day and day of week

10. You see when call is made you do the maths and work out the cost to
you , and cost to customers, if the former is lesser than the latter ur
making money :-), at a gross level, if not, bad business model :-)

12. Different types of cutomers may get charged differently, i.e large
corporates should always pay more, hence your price may also vary based
on customer_type

13. Now if its postpaid you need to also do a bill run once a month,
convert to pdf, and email out, just to make things easy, and then link
to your legacy accounting system..

So you see everyone will have something slightly different, but I hope
the above steps may help

Iqbal

On 5/21/2005, "Ollie Gejevski" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hey guys,
>I notice quite a few people are looking for a Billing solution.  Please
>contact me as I can help.  We already have few companies from this board use
>our solution with great success.    We are Cisco as well as SIP server  (
>SER, SNOM ) compatible. Check out our website HYPERLINK
>"http://www.cyneric.com"www.cyneric.com  Please contact me HYPERLINK
>"mailto:[email-masked]"[email-masked] for more information.  All
>the best
> 
>Ollie
>
> 
>
>--
>No virus found in this outgoing message.
>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.13 - Release Date: 5/19/2005
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Serusers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.iptel.org/mailman/listinfo/serusers

.